1) What date is it?
A: 27th Dec
2) What was the weather like?
A: Cold, high
pressure, frosty ‘windows thick with ice crystals’
3) Which dressing down is
4) Which 3 other cases are referred to?
Scandal In Bohemia (Irene Adler), (Mary Sutherland), Twisted Lip
5) What is
the PRECISE location of the hat incident?
A: Tottenham Court Road, Goodge
6) Which leg was the card tied to the goose?
List 3 of the hat’s distinctive features;
A: Expensive, 3yrs old, red silk
lining, pierced for a hat securer, elastic missing, patches smeared with ink,
traces of lime cream, 5 tallow stains, cracked in several places
8) Who is
the owner of the stone?
A: Countess of Morcar
9) What is the reward for its
10) What is the location of the crime?
11) What is the PRECISE task the plumber John Horner was asked
A: solder the 2nd bar of the grate
12) What is the name, rank
and branch of the investigating officer?
A: Inspector Bradstreet of B
13) Name 3 of the newspapers mentioned that the advertisement was
A: Globe, Star, Pall Mall, St James, Evening News, Standard,
14) Name 3 trivia facts about the missing stone;
40 grain/carat stone,
less than 20yrs old, unique blue colour, found on bank of Amoy River, 2 murders,
vitriol throwing, suicide
15) What style is Henry Baker’s alternative
A: Scotch bonnet
16) What is the given location of the Alpha Inn?
Holborn, Bloomsbury, near the ‘museum’
17) Can you name the PRECISE route
taken from Baker St to the Alpha Inn?
A: Wimpole St, Harley St, Wigmore St,
Oxford St, Holborn
18) And from The Alpha Inn to Breckinridge’s
Holborn, Endell St, ‘zig zag of slums’, Covent Garden Market
is Mrs Oakshott’s address?
A: 117 Brixton Road
20) How much does Holmes
wager on the goose being town or country bred?
21) How many geese were
in the flock?
22) How did Ryder pick his bird?
A: bar on its
23) Why was this a flawed choice of identification?
A: 2 identical
birds with barred tails in flock
24) Who did Ryder intend to fence the jewel
25) What time was dinner and what was on the menu?